Training & Placement Cell
A Training cum Placement Cell is already operating in SHEPA for the last 6 years. The Cell is actively functioning in full swing around the year in arranging summer training and final placement of students. It plays a crucial role in establishing industry-institute linkage on the one hand and preparing and guiding the students for placement through counseling on the other.
The basic objective of the summer training is to expose the students to real corporate environment and provide them opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills in the resolution of real life problems. This objective is successfully being attained through the efforts of Training and Placement Cell.
- To invite prospective companies to campus for Recruitment.
- To coordinate the mentor from Industry & Faculty Mentors for Final Engagement requirements.
- To receive the personnel and provide necessary inputs about the college and to coordinate student representatives for smooth functioning.
- To register students for the Jobs with prescribed qualifications.
- To arrange for various facilities required to conduct interview on the date of interview through departments.
- To explore new avenues for providing the curricular Training for the relevant students in various courses.
- To establish new contacts and to nurture older contacts.
- To ensure a proper compliances to the policies of T&P cell.
- To collect appointment letters and distribute them to selected students & collect acceptance letters from the students and dispatch to employer.
- Periodic Conduct of IQ tests, plan / Conduct of motivational session with internal or external resources.
- Arrangement of Personality Development Workshops.
- Train students in aptitude tests, interview techniques, group discussions by identifying the needs of the Industries.
- Notification regarding various competitive examinations.
- Help Departments in organizing industrial visits/ Study Tours.
- Guide students wishing to pursue Higher Education and internships.
- To collect bio-data from eligible students in each semester and verify their credentials.
- The role of the Placement Office is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- The placement facility is available to all the students registered with TPO through the policy “One job to one student” at the first instance. If a student is offered a job in a slot, he/she will be de-registered from the placement process and would not be allowed to appear in any further processes.
- If a student is offered more than one job in one slot, he/she has to select only of the jobs offered to him/her by the end of the slot i.e. on the same day so that the waiting list candidate may have better opportunity.
- There is no restriction on applying/appearing in interviews until the first job is offered. A student will be considered to have secured a job if he/she is offered through selection process or declared as a successful candidate from the company and company assures on paper to offer the job.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews, and produce the same when asked by the visiting team, TPO staff or their representatives.
- No student other than TPO Team is allowed to contact the company officials for any purpose without prior permission from the TPO.
- If a student makes any false claims in his/her resume submitted to TPO, then his/her registration with TPO will be cancelled immediately. If the student has already received a job offer, it would be revoked and there would be further disciplinary action as per decision of the TPO.